Thank you for visiting United Theological Seminary’s website. United does not collect personal information about visitors to our website unless you choose to provide that information to us. United does not sell, exchange or release information gathered from your visit to our web site to parties outside the seminary without your consent. Once we obtain your consent, we consider it valid until revoked by you.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you visit our website, we automatically gather and store the following information about your visit so that we can track the use of our website in order to make improvements. This information is stored and used in the aggregate only, and is not used to contact you personally:
- The IP address from which you access our Website
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account)
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our Website
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages, files, documents and links that you visit
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked to this website
In addition to information collected automatically, we may also collect cookies, which are small pieces of information sent to your browser by a website that you visit. Cookies are used to track usage patterns, traffic trends and customer behavior, as well as to record other information from the website. When you register, cookies also allow us to save information so that you will not have to re-enter it the next time you visit. Many content adjustments and customer service improvements are made based on the data derived from cookies. Information we collect from cookies will not be used to create profiles of users and will only be used in aggregate form.
If You Send Us Personal Information
United Theological Seminary’s website will only collect personal information which you knowingly and voluntarily provide by, for example, sending emails, completing membership forms, registering for classes, events, or other programs, or responding to surveys. If you provide us with personal information, we will normally respond to your inquiry, request or order. We may also contact you to provide information about college activities, programs, membership and development opportunities and special events that may interest you.
- United will only share information about you to other parties when one or more of the following conditions apply:
- We have your consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information to provide the service or product you requested.
- We need to send your information to companies who work on behalf of United to provide a service or product to you.
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or any other legal process.
- We find it necessary to protect and defend the legal rights and/or property of United Theological Seminary.
Student directory information may be released without the student’s written consent. Directory information includes: name, address, email address, I.D., photo, telephone number, date and place of birth, major field of study, participation in United activities, dates of attendance at United, degrees, certificates and awards received, and the most recent previous educational institution attended. If you do not want your directory information released, you must complete a form requesting it not be released and file the form with the Director of Registration and Student Records.